Worcester State University Offers Free Tax Preparation by IRS Certified Volunteers
The service, located in the Sullivan Academic Center Room 206, will begin February 4, 2013 and run through April 13, 2013. Volunteers will be available Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., with the exception of spring break from March 16 through March 23 and will also be closed on holidays and when the university is closed due to inclement weather. What taxpayers should bring:
- Photo ID
– Social Security cards and birth dates for everyone listed on the return
– All tax documents received from employers or others (W-2, 1099, 1098, etc.)
– Form 1099-HC for private health insurance plans; health card for MassHealth or Medicare
– A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available
– Bank routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit of refund
– Total paid for rent or real estate tax
– Total paid for daycare and the daycare provider’s tax ID
– Any other information relevant to 2012 tax returns
Taxpayers should inquire before visiting if you have complex tax issues or questions about your eligibility.
For more information, visit www.worcester.edu/tax prep, contact: email@example.com or 508-929-8424. Email is recommended – due to high call volume, it may take a few days to return calls.